ESoDoc - European Social Documentary is the meeting point for filmmakers, new media professionals and NGO film practitioners who want to develop their projects about particular social themes and find new financing, production and distribution strategies and possibilities.
ESoDoc will offer a creative environment where you will be able to develop your project during 3 intensive sessions, with the support of a wide network of international experts from the film and new media industry.
WHAT WE OFFER
During the three sessions participants will:
- assist ground-breaking lectures from prominent worldwide professionals and discover what is new, controversial and seminal in documentary film making;
- work individually and in groups to develop their own documentary and cross-media projects and benefit from on-going tutorial assistance over the whole period provided by resident tutors;
- take practical courses in multi-skilling camera, cross-media production or participatory video;
- get tuition in the increasingly important skills of pitching and present their projects in front of renowned experts at the final public pitching session, as well as during one-to-one meetings;
- learn how to budget traditional and cross-media projects, and how to elaborate proper strategies to finance and distribute their projects.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Intermediary and senior documentary filmmakers, authors and producers, NGO-communication representatives and professionals from the new media sector.
To apply for ESoDoc 2014, check out the required document and fill the online application form.
Session #01: March 2014, The Netherlands
Session #02: May/June 2014, Italy (t.b.c.)
Session #03: September 2014, Italy (t.b.c.)
FEE AND SCHOLARSHIPS
The cost per participant is 1.200,00 Euro (600,00 Euro for participants from new member states). This covers tuition, room and board. Travel expenses are not included. Four scholarships are available.